Get To Know Nox From Diep City, Played By Nozuko Ncayiyane
The brand new Mzansi Magic telenovela Diep City is out, lovers of the show are anxious to know the actors and actresses that were cast. Many are happy to see their favorite figure in the entertainment industry. After a few episodes of the series, viewers couldn’t help but echo the name of the actress Nozuko Ncayiyane.
Learn More: Get To Know Uzalo Mangcobo’s Real Life Boyfriend
The main actors and actresses featured on the show and their real names made it to the list. The new telenovela explores the struggles four ladies encounter as they try to survive.
The actress played the role of Nox so well that she made waves in the country. Nozuko Ncayiyane is a South African actress best known for her role as Phindile on the e.tv soapie Scandal!.
- The beautiful actress hails from Port Shepstone in KwaZulu-Natal.
- Nozuko initially acted mainly in theatre, in productions including Talking Spirits at The Playhouse in Durban in 2013; AntiChrist at the Baxter Theatre in Cape Town (also in 2013); and a leading role in Sugary Spice, which had run at the Olive Tree and Stable Theatre in 2014.
- Her TV debut was a recurring role as lovable Ayanda in the SABC1 youth soapie Skeen Saam, first appearing in Season 4, in 2015. She continued with the role in Season 5.
- Nozuko’s breakthrough role came in 2016 when she was cast as Phindile in Scandal!, first appearing in Episode 2,586. Her character was that of a woman trapped in a loveless marriage, whilst having an affair with another married man.
- Nozuko also played the recurring role of Lumka in the Mzansi Magic drama series Abomama, first appearing in the series premiere on 8 April 2018.
- She became the celebrity guest (with Lunathi Mampofu) in an episode of the SABC2 variety comedy series #Karektas which aired on 31 July 2020 (Season 2. Episode 25).
View this post on Instagram
In 2021 she landed her first starring role in television when she was cast as Nokuthula ‘Nox’ Jele in the Mzansi Magic telenovela DiepCity, which explores the struggle of four young women trying to make their way in the world.
Her character is a burglar who hustles to make ends meet and to take care of her family.
Diep city airs on Mzansi Magic, DStv channel 161 on Weekdays at 20:30.